Digital Marketing represents the creation and dissemination of content on digital communication channels: websites, social networks, mobile applications, e-mail, etc., and promoting that content using a wide variety of paid media or owned media strategies, such as SEO, SEM, pay-per-click, advertising, content distribution, social media, email.
The importance of digital marketing is given by the popularity of the internet
Here are just a few statistics about using digital marketing:
▪1.843 million Moldovans use the Internet in 2022/1.725 million use it daily;
▪81% of those who use the internet globally inform themselves online before buying;
▪Daily, the Google search engine operates around 5.6 billion searches;
▪58.4% of the world’s population uses social networks. Average daily usage is 2 hours and 27 minutes (January 2022).
The digital marketing strategy is a coordinated and complex action plan, with general marketing measures, in which promotion plans are determined on online channels: Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Twitter, Google, and the network of Google partner sites, own website, news sites, SEO, Google Ads, Newsletters, etc.
How do we work on creating a digital marketing strategy?
1. Definition of objectives – definition of SMART objectives: Specific, Measurable, Accessible, Relevant, time-bound. Establishing the levels of KPIs.
2. Target audience study – identifying the consumer profile and target audience.
3. Competitive analysis – identifying competition strategies and assessing the strengths and weaknesses of the competition.
4. Funnel creation – we present the funnel under the AIDA model: Awareness, Interest, Decision, Action.
5. Creating a strategic plan – identifying promotion channels and creating the media plan. Allocation of budgets.
The benefits of digital marketing
- Strengthening the market position: increasing the visibility of the brand in the online environment and attracting customers.
- Increasing audience and diversifying potential subjects.
Increasing the sales figure and strengthening the company’s position.
- Promoting a positive image for the company.
- Increase the average check cashed by the company.
- Increasing the number of interactions with the brand.
- Increase website traffic.
- New customer referrals through word of mouth.
- Arousing interest in what the company has to offer.
Increase website traffic.
- Customer loyalty so that they follow the company’s activity regularly.
- Repeat customer conversion (registration for training from former customers).
- Get referrals and reviews on Facebook and Google My business.
Key performance indicators for digital marketing are:
- Average time spent on site – The average time spent by all users on a single page. To calculate it, Google Analytics adds the duration of each session over the specified period and divides it by the total number of sessions.
- Returning Website Visitors – Indicates the engagement rate as visitors return.
- Traffic Channels – Shows how people find your website/landing page.
- The total number of visits. The number of unique browsing sessions by the number of individual visitors to the site.
- The total number of unique visitors.
- The number of people who visited the website/landing page.
- Click-through rate (CTR). The percentage of people who clicked on a CTA button or link.
- ROI – Return on Investment – is the percentage of the investment that returns to the person making that investment. It is calculated as the volume of revenue generated for each dollar invested in the campaign.